- Nov (Wednesday).Started this log.
Resolved issues starting DB2 "control center" on Solaris console. Created script /usr/local/home/root/mydb2cc. Login as root, run mydb2cc, validate through dialog box as "db2inst1", pw "ibmdb2".
Reconfigured solaris so that various apps needed by Websphere get started automatically when solaris boots (or stopped automatically when it shuts down). We had started them by hand previously. (Shudder.)
- IBM httpd server (port 80). Gets started automatically. (Note that we do not start the default web server daemon provided by Sun.)
- IBM httpd server (admin, port 8008). Created symbolic links to /opt/IBMHTTPD/adminctl, in:
- WebSphere Commerce Suite Admin Server (port 4444). Wrote simple script /etc/init.d/comm_suite_admin_server. Created hard links to it, in:
- Commerce Suite Instance. Wrote a simple script /etc/init.d/comm_suite_instance to start/stop the default "instance" of commerce suite. Created hard links to it, in:
- Nov (Friday).Recorded id's and passwords for all websphere related utilities on one sheet, stored in my top left desk drawer.
Updated websphere links page with info on %macro_function() bug (can't pass parameters).
Implemented auto-update on these logs.
Hooked up prototype store on e250, with mockup graphics for Danly banner and site navigation bar. Created dhome.d2w macro for top-level product catalog; restructured all ODBC functions therein to use parameters (rather than globals!), got it all working together to dynamically display catalog list.
Set up backup script to backup all my work in stores/Danly1 directory across the net to thedance.net.